Jack Walters, M.D.
Jack Walters, M.D.
In 2020, the physicians of Columbus Ortho recruited Dr. Walters to expand the clinic’s services to help patients who suffer from orthopedic pain and non-orthopaedic pain. Dr. Walters and his clinical team treat patients of all ages for a wide range of issues such as back pain, neck pain, spine pain, chronic pelvic pain in females, pain due to cancer, fibromyalgia, lupus, headache, migraine, facial pain, chronic joint and arthritic pain, diabetic hand pain, diabetic foot pain, numbness, weakness and neuropathic pain.
Dr. Walters utilizes a multi-disciplinary team approach to care for his pain management patients, and believes it is essential to develop an individualized plan with defined goals for each patient. For patients utilizing medication management for pain, he sees tremendous opportunities to incorporate other treatment options.
He and his team employ a wide-range of outpatient treatment options including specialized physical therapy, epidural, facet injections, joint injections, nerve root blocks, and radio-frequency ablation. In certain patients and when indicated, Dr. Walters may recommend a spinal cord stimulator to help manage pain.
Dr. Walters is a native of Clarksdale, Mississippi, and graduated Cum Laude from Mississippi State University with a degree in Mathematics and a minor in Chemistry. He completed medical school at the University of Mississippi – School of Medicine. Dr. Walters went on to complete an Anesthesia Residency and an extra year for fellowship-training in Pain Management at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. He is Board Certified in Anesthesia and Subspecialty Certified in Pain Management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He also maintains additional approval by the Mississippi State Board of Medical Licensure to operate a Pain Management Program.
Dr. Walters and his wife enjoying spending time with their son and twin daughters. He also enjoys a variety of hunting activities, as well as fishing. A little-known personal fact about Dr. Walters is that he is a decorated championship water skier and trained with Australian championship skiers each summer prior to attending college.
- B.S. Mathematics, 2003, Mississippi State University
- M.D. 2008 University of Mississippi Medical Center
- University of Mississippi Medical Center, Department of Anesthesiology 2008-2012
- University of Mississippi Medical Center, Pain Management 2012-2013
- Board Certified Anesthesiology – American Board of Anesthesiology
- Board Certified Pain Management – American Board of Anesthesiology
- Practicing pain management since 2013.
- Experienced in treating all types of chronic pain with an emphasis on interventional pain management
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Mississippi State Medical Association
- Southern Pain Society
- American Society of Anesthesiologist
- Mississippi Society of Anesthesiologist